AQUACEL® Ag Extra™ wound dressing is composed of two layers of Hydrofiber® technology stitched together. It is nine times stronger and has 50% greater absorbency as compared to the original AQUACEL® Ag wound dressing. AQUACEL® Ag Extra™ Hydrofiber® dressing is specifically suited to help manage moderate to highly exuding wounds and is cleared for the same indications as the AQUACEL® Ag dressing. AQUACEL® Ag Extra™ wound dressing is constructed with two-dimensional strengthening fibers that are stitched into the dressing. While made from the same base material that is used to manufacture Hydrofiber® technology, the fibers do not gel on contact with fluid so that they maintain their integrity and become encompassed by the gel, providing additional strength and aiding the easy removal. This unique gelling action enables the dressings to lock in exudate and its harmful components and contour closely to the wound bed, in response to changing wound conditions.
Features & Benefits:
- Releases ionic silver in a controlledmanner as wound exudate is absorbed into the dressing
- May help protect periwound skin by helping reduce the risk of maceration
- Soft and conformable
- Supports wound healing by providing a moist wound healing environment
- AQUACEL® Ag Extra™ Hydrofiber® wound dressing with lonic Silver provides rapid and sustained antimicrobial activity in vitro
- As demonstrated in testing, AQUACEL® Ag Extra™ Hydrofiber® wound dressing with lonic Silver provides sustained antimicrobial activity for up to 7 days
2” x 2”
4” x 5”
6" x 6"
8” x 10”
HCPCS Code: See Code Numbers in Chart
HCPCS Disclaimer: HCPCS codes and Home Health Consolidated Billing codes provided by First Coast Medical Supply are intended as general guidelines only. First Coast Medical Supply does not guarantee coverage or reimbursement of any products. You must address all coverage and reimbursement issues (including the correctness and accuracy of codes) with your individual payers. It is your responsibility to ensure the accuracy and appropriateness of each claim you submit, in accordance with all applicable payer requirements.
For more information on HCPCS Codes click here: