ACTICOAT™ 7 is a highly versatile bacterial barrier offering up to 7-day wear. The silver antimicrobial barrier dressing consists of two rayon/polyester non-woven inner cores laminated between three layers of silver coated high density polyethylene mesh. The laminations are held in place with ultrasound welds. The silver-coated layers are designed to be barriers against microbial infection of a wound.
The nanocrystalline coating of pure silver delivers antimicrobial barrier activity within 30 minutes - faster than other forms of silver. NUCRYST Pharmaceutical's antimicrobial technology is able to produce silver-coated polyethylene film that can release an effective concentration of silver over several days. Thus, as silver ions are consumed, additional silver is released from the dressing to provide an effective microbial barrier.
Features & Benefits:
- Rayon/polyester core helps manage moisture level and control silver release
- Silver-coated high-density polyethylene mesh facilitates the passage of silver through the dressing
- The nanocrystalline coating of pure silver delivers antimicrobial barrier activity within 30 minutes - faster than other forms of silver
- Delivers fast-acting, long-lasting antimicrobial barrier control
- Effective barrier, which may assist in preventing contamination of the wound
- ACTICOAT™ 7 is versatile. The dressings can be cut to the desired shape and size to wrap around all body parts
- The sustained release of silver also means fewer dressing changes, resulting in less exposure of the wound bed to the environment, reducing the risk of infection, which lowers health care costs
- ACTICOAT™ 7 is cost-effective because it can be left on wounds for up to 7 days
|Item #||Mfg #||Manufacturer||Size||Qty||HCPCS Code|
|ACT-20141||20141||Smith & Nephew||4” x 5”||5||A9270|
|ACT-20241||20241||Smith & Nephew||6” x 6”||5||A9270|
|ACT-20341||20341||Smith & Nephew||2” x 2”||5||A9270|