ACTICOAT™, Silver Dressing
ACTICOAT™ Antimicrobial Barrier Silver Dressing, Smith & Nephew
ACTICOAT™ is a potent antimicrobial barrier dressing. The Nanocrystalline coating of silver rapidly kills a broad spectrum of bacteria in as little as 30 minutes. ACTICOAT™ consists of three layers: an absorbent inner core sandwiched between outer layers of silver coated, low adherent polyethylene net. ACTICOAT™ is an effective barrier to over 150 pathogens, which includes a broad spectrum of gram positive and negative bacteria and fungal wound pathogens. ACTICOAT™ is also an effective barrier to multiple strains of Antibiotic resistant Pseudomonas, Methicillin resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) and Vancomycin resistant Enterococcus (VRE). Nanocrystalline Silver protects the wound site from bacterial colonization while the inner core helps maintain moist wound environment.
Features & Benefits:
- Nanocrystalline Silver Antimicrobial barrier - ACTICOAT™ provides an effective barrier to protect the wound site from invasive pathogens
- Sustained release of silver for 3 days - The sustained release of silver ensures that ACTICOAT™ remains effective for up to 3 days.
- Fast acting - In-vitro data shows ACTICOAT™ rapidly kills bacteria in as little as 30 minutes - faster than other forms of silver
- Easy to use - Easier and less painful to remove than SSD (silver sulphadiazine) making it a dressing of choice for both the patient and the clinician
- Prevents and reduces infection - ACTICOAT™ kills pathogenic organisms in wounds to reduce the risk of infection and is also effective in the reduction of bacterial load in wounds
- Can be used on extensive body surface area wounds - ACTICOAT™ is available in a wide range of sizes and can be cut to shape, enabling the chosen size of dressing to conform to the wound surface
- Assists faster healing - ACTICOAT™ contributes to effective wound bed preparation which in turn assists faster healing
- Low adherent - Dressing changes are less traumatic than traditional methods for both the patient and the clinician
|Item #||Mfg #||Manufacturer||Size||Qty||HCPCS Code|
|ACT-20101||20101||Smith & Nephew||4” x 4”||12||A9270|
|ACT-20201||20201||Smith & Nephew||4” x 8”||12||A9270|
|ACT-20151||20151||Smith & Nephew||5” x 5”||5||A9270|